1600w x 800d Single X3 Bench Desk Frame
The Patented X3 Bench Desk range is ideal for call centre and multi personnel office environments, where flexibility and adaptability is an essential requirement. Being modular, X3 is available as a single desk or back to back bench and there are numerous optional accessories including a kit for sliding tops, toolbar screens & height adjustable leg options.
With recent industry changes to recommended working height, we've added a couple of new leg options which we've referred to as '722' (or 'EVO') and these respect the latest worktop height guidelines and whilst re-designing the new legs, we've taken the opportunity to streamline the design by replacing the old fixing plate, which has caused occasional issues in the past with hindering cable management and under desk networking. More information on this towards the bottom of the page images have been uploaded to the photo gallery and published within the Technical Data tab.
In addition, we've also now introduced a fully welded '722' / 'EVO' leg as opposed to the original split leg (meccano) design, which was originally designed to give customers the option to convert a single desk to a back to back bench with the simple addition of a couple of extra components. The fully welded leg won't give you that flexibility but we've offered it as an option, as we do have customers who appreciate the much quicker assembly time.
Regardless of which desk leg you choose, the core componentry remains the same, so within a kit you will get :
2x boxes of 800mm meccano (or 1x box of 800mm welded) legs - Black Ral 9005 / White Ral 9003 / Grey Ral 7016 / Silver Ral 9006
1x 1434mm long Black beam (not visible under a desk top, so may ship another colour depending on stock)
We'll slowly be phasing out the old 695mm high leg but intend to do this over a 12 month period, so can still assist if you're trying to match up furniture on earlier phases. We've gone into detail on the improvements below, plus images can be found within the photo gallery and within the Technical Data tab.
1) Fixation : We've made the fixing to the top more efficient so now instead of having a big metal plate coming off the leg, that can foul cable passaging and electrics, we've just used a small plastic spacer, that sits within the confines of the leg itself. The top is then fixed throgh that spacer as per the image you'll find within the Technical Data tab. Assembly is quicker also, as instead of having 2 screws to fix, there is only 1. The gap between top and leg will remain 6 mm meaning visually there should be no difference. The old metal plates are still used but only with intermediate legs on benches.
2) Height : In line with new regulations (BS EN 527-1:2011), we've designed the new X3 'EVO' Leg to respect these updated guidelines and this new leg is 722mm from under the top, as opposed to the old X3 leg which is 695mm from under top. The leg still retains a tolerance of 20mm, meaning our 'EVO' leg accommodates 720 to 760mm. The old leg still complies but you need to use a minimum 25mm thick top to reach 720mm (695 + 25mm)
3) Beam : to keep the system competetive the beam size has been reduced from 60x15 to 45x15 beam, enabling us to retain a competetive edge.
4) Foot : We changed the plastic foot from the chunky Grey one, to a nicer more streamlined Black foot, that is a much slimmer profile so therefore less visible.
Other general information
We also offer a range of desk tops to go with these frames. Please use the link at the bottom of the page to browse the range which includes timber or glass options in a variety of finishes.
Special Colours are also available to order, including Matt Finishes, Dupont Shades and Silver/White Ral 9002, popular in hospitals. Other than that, we can match almost any colour subject to certain minimum order requirements.
*The below information is universal and so applicable variations may apply.
The frame comes with all relevant fittings required, from:
- Grub screws
- Fixing plates
- 1 x Allen key (for the bolts)
Required for assembly (but not included):
- Crosshead/Phillips screwdriver (for screws)
- Allen key set (for grub screws)
Ultimately, a crosshead/Phillips screwdriver and an Allen key set will allow you to install a complete desk when purchasing a frame and top from us.
For more information on these desks please use the technical data tab below.
Did you know...
Prices exclude VAT. Display prices including VAT.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Why not submit a review?
There are currently no FAQs for this product. Do you have a question? Submit FAQ