1400w x 1600d X3 Bench Desk Frame (2 Person)
X3 is supplied as standard with a 1660mm Deep footprint which allows for a gap centrally of up to 60mm for a screen or toolbar, however a 1600mm footprint version can be supplied on request, by swapping out the 856mm Extension for a 796mm Extension. Standard depths across the whole X3 range include 1200mm / 1260mm / 1600mm / 1660mm depending on what leg height + depth config you go for but being a modular system, there are many different configurations so you might find clicking the video tab useful, to give you a proper feel for the product, or speak to sales.
Ideal for call centre and multi personnel office environments, where flexibility and adaptability is an essential requirement, X3's clean lines and modular design compliment perfectly, the modern working environment and it also comes with a variety of accessories and add-on's, including a kit for sliding tops and height adjustable legs. To keep the Back to Back range as versatile as possible, we use a Mecanno (2-piece) leg so this is a split leg design meaning you can insert different size extensions to create your desired footprint. We can produce tops without gaps, if you're intending on surface mounting a screen, or just decide you don't need one!
With recent industry changes to recommended working height, we've added a couple of new leg options which we've referred to as '722' (or 'EVO') and these respect the latest worktop height guidelines and whilst re-designing the new legs, we've taken the opportunity to streamline the design by replacing the old fixing plate, which has caused occasional issues in the past with hindering cable management and under desk networking. More information on this towards the bottom of the page images have been uploaded to the photo gallery and published within the Technical Data tab.
Regardless of which desk leg you choose, the core componentry remains the same, so within a kit you will get :
2x boxes of 800mm terminal meccano legs - Black Ral 9005 / White Ral 9003 / Grey Ral 7016 / Silver Ral 9006
2x boxes of 856mm terminal extensions - in same finishes as the leg (796 extensions av. if no screen gap required)
2x 1234mm long Black beam (not visible under a desk top, so may ship another colour depending on stock)
We'll slowly be phasing out the old 695mm high leg but intend to do this over a 12 month period, so can still assist if you're trying to match up furniture on earlier phases. We've gone into detail on the improvements below, plus images can be found within the photo gallery and within the Technical Data tab.
1) Fixation : We've made the fixing to the top more efficient so now instead of having a big metal plate coming off the leg, that can foul cable passaging and electrics, we've just used a small plastic spacer, that sits within the confines of the leg itself. The top is then fixed throgh that spacer as per the image you'll find within the Technical Data tab. Assembly is quicker also, as instead of having 2 screws to fix, there is only 1. The gap between top and leg will remain 6 mm meaning visually there should be no difference. The old metal plates are still used but only with intermediate legs on benches.
2) Height : In line with new regulations (BS EN 527-1:2011), we've designed the new X3 'EVO' Leg to respect these updated guidelines and this new leg is 722mm from under the top, as opposed to the old X3 leg which is 695mm from under top. The leg still retains a tolerance of 20mm, meaning our 'EVO' leg accommodates 720 to 760mm. The old leg still complies but you need to use a minimum 25mm thick top to reach 720mm (695 + 25mm)
3) Beam : to keep the system competetive the beam size has been reduced from 60x15 to 45x15 beam, enabling us to retain a competetive edge.
4) Foot : We changed the plastic foot from the chunky Grey one, to a nicer more streamlined Black foot, that is a much slimmer profile so therefore less visible.
Other general information
We also offer a range of desk tops to go with these frames. Please use the link at the bottom of the page to browse the range which includes timber or glass options in a variety of finishes. Speak to sales if you want clarification on what exact size top you need, for your chosen frame.
Special Colours are also available to order, including Matt Finishes, Dupont Shades and Silver/White Ral 9002, popular in hospitals. Other than that, we can match almost any colour subject to certain minimum order requirements.
*The below information is universal and so applicable variations may apply.
The frame comes with all relevant fittings required, from:
- Grub screws
- Fixing plates
- 1 x Allen key (for the bolts)
Required for assembly (but not included):
- Crosshead/Phillips screwdriver (for screws)
- Allen key set (for grub screws)
Ultimately, a crosshead/Phillips screwdriver and an Allen key set will allow you to install a complete desk when purchasing a frame and top from us.
For more information on these desks please use the technical data tab below.
Did you know...
Prices exclude VAT. Display prices including VAT.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Why not submit a review?
Do you have a question? Submit FAQ
hello we are enquiring regarding the K3 bench desk frame system. can you advise on fixing details and desk top sizing for frames.
We do have a video published on the desking section of our website which gives a general overview of how the system goes together, but if you need any more info then I can always try and get some extra images over to you via email. We actually only offer the frames though, leaving it up to customers what sort of top they want to use on the frames. Regards The BPF Sales Team